Monday, June 27, 2011

The chronicles of my food adventures (Part 1)

Like I said, I've kinda been slacking on this whole blogging thing, so in the interest of keeping my lovely devoted readers happy, I will provide shorter, annotated versions of my recent dishes. Enjoy =]
Cobb salad, Towne restaurant, Boston, MA. Can we just talk about how a restaurant that is not only located on Boylston Street but is also extremely fancy and well set-up on the inside should definitely be expected to be good? Good. Well, I was disappointed. Look how pretty this salad is! It should be delicious, right? Unfortunately, the best part about it was that big puff of god knows what in the left hand corner, which leads me to this next one:
Thoroughly unsatisfying, kind of bland roast beef sandwich from the same place on the same day. There's a fancy name for it but I don't remember what that is. The fries were good though, and seriously, A+ for presentation!
Orange chicken, Brownstone restaurant, South End, Boston, MA
Deeeelicious. This entree was ordered by the one and only Julia Weinbaum, a fellow blogger and a dear friend of mine. Girl has good taste. This chicken was SOO good, better than variations of the same dish I've had at Asian fusion places. I had a glass of sangria while sampling this, so it was just one big fruit party in my mouth. Definitely the best party I've ever hosted!
Italian sub with sweet potato fries and diet coke, Big A Deli, Allston, MA
Oh. My. GOD. Do I really even need to tell you this was good? I mean, just look at it! Salami, prosciutto, provolone, lettuce, peppers, oil and vinegar, salt...holy pancakes Batman. So. Good. Talk about a diamond in the rough, too! Sarah, Craig and I were on our way to a place in Allston where Sarah and I regularly get feathers in our hair, and since we were a little early (and more than a little hungry) we ended up going for a walk down the street in search of a place to eat. I feel like Allston in itself is full of a lot of really good, very inconspicuous places, and this is probably just one of many. But I was really impressed with the sandwich, and the sweet potato fries were great too =]
Brownie Sundae, Papa Razzi restaurant, Boston, MA
Oh maann. First, it should be noted that the lovely individual in the photo is the aforementioned Miss Julia Weinbaum, who wanted to be in the picture (she's just as excited about food and pretty pictures of it as I am). Second, this brownie sundae was really, really good. I feel like you can't really go wrong combining brownies and ice cream, especially when you add hot fudge into the equation. It's like the perfect threesome...so fabulous and just so necessary that how can you really say no when your husband/boyfriend asks you for it for his birthday. It would probably be a sin to do so. Anyway, Papa Razzi was an overall fantastic experience. A little pricey, but I mean what else do I ever want to spend my money on? Unfortunately, I was so hungry I devoured my steak before I could snap a photo, but no worries my pretties, as Ahhnold says, I'll be back...

Speaking of I'll be back, gmail (which I usually love) is being a bit slow right now and not sending my other pictures from my phone to my computer, so I will have to continue my various adventures in a different post some other time. For now, good night and try not to salivate too much at these yummy photos =]

No comments:

Post a Comment