Tuesday, June 7, 2011

RIP Green tea fro-yo

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to say goodbye to our dear friend, green tea frozen yogurt. Although he only lived for a short while, his impact on the clientele of popular frozen yogurt chain Pinkberry was unequivocal. Not only did he look great covered in strawberries, saturated with honey and dressed up with beautiful little chocolate crunch balls, he also was so handsome all by himself in a little baby sized cup. I remember the first time we met like it was yesterday. Actually, it was just last week. I was in line at the new Pinkberry stand in the Prudential Center about to order the usual original flavor when something unusual caught my eye. Green tea flavor, limited time only!
Green tea, you say?! Hmm. Well, in my experience, going down that road would be similar to a little something I like to call "taking a risk," which, as anyone with any kind of life experience knows, that could either go really badly, or really well. Should I dare? I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. It brought me right back to that time that I ordered foie gras at the most stinkin' fancy French restaurant I've ever been to in my life. It's fancy, it's cool, it's different, (not to mention trendy, and you know how I feel about trendy) so why shouldn't I try it? I'll tell you why, because it was GE-ROSS. Nasty. The texture reminded me of a sponge, and I would really prefer that my dinners not grace my tongue in the way a sponge would.
However, this little devil was a bit different. Okay, maybe I was being a wee bit dramatic comparing fro-yo to foie gras, but STILL. The point is, it was a risk. But, because I'm oh so adventurous, I ordered it. And I was NOT disappointed. It tasted sooo good covered with my usual toppings, which, at the risk of repeating myself, are strawberries and crunchy chocolate bits (they didn't have honey, womp womp). But okay. For serious, it was SOO good. So, you'll imagine my disappointment when the nice cashier told me that day was the last day for the green tea fro-yo. I was so sad, but, I was also so broke, so I couldn't make it back for another bowl by the end of the day. The cashier, sensing my despair, tried to console me. "Don't worry–tomorrow we'll have watermelon!"
You can see why I'm still upset about this.
Anyway, I wanted to write this post because I felt as if the green tea fro-yo deserved a proper goodbye. Hopefully, he's like Jesus and will resurrect someday soon (it would make sense, I feel like green tea is a summer-y flavor). Otherwise, maybe I'll be creative and make my own. However, nothing can fill the gaping hole in my heart that one I once loved has left me with.

This is him, in happier times:
=[ </3 Wahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment