Monday, May 30, 2011

Another post about brunch. It was really good, I swear

The other night, Sarah and I went out to this awesome club and had an amazing time dancing our asses off and fending off creepy advances from guys. I don't know about you people, but to me, the only thing that can top off an amazing night out is a fantastic meal, (preferably brunch) the next day. And that's exactly what we did! After somehow making it home, we set our alarms for 11:30 a.m., and when that lovely hour rolled around, headed down the street towards Thornton's, an awesome breakfast/lunch restaurant across from the Prudential Center.
In case you lovely readers (assuming you actually exist) haven't noticed by now, I have a thing for eggs benedict. To me, it's the perfect choice for brunch-just extravagant enough to make me feel like I'm eating an exotic meal when I'm really not. Maybe it's the hollandaise, I don't know. Anyway, naturally, that's what I ordered.
Doesn't it just look wonderful? I must say, it was pretty good. Not as good as the dish I had at Rickyl's, but for $7.45, who's complaining, right? Totally worth every penny. Anyway, I promise next time I post about brunch I'll order something other than eggs benedict, just to keep things interesting. In fact, to spice things up a little, I'll post a picture of Sarah's "eggs thornton."
Very similar to my own dish, however, this little beast had turkey and sauteed asparagus (great hangover remedy by the way, who knew). She said it was really good, however, I could definitely do without the turkey. I'm not a big turkey fan.
Oh, and I should mention that I had an awesome iced coffee from Thornton's. It was served in a huge glass, so huge that I had to get a to-go cup. No complaints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment