Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fiesta in my mouth

What is there not to like about Mexican food? As far as I'm concerned, the combination of cheese, avocado, salsa, sour cream, beans or rice sounds like something I would like to be waiting for me as  I pass through the gates of heaven (ha). Top all that deliciousness off with a margarita and I am more than good to go. Awful for the waistline, good for the soul.
I was so excited when my roommate/best friend told me about the Border Cafe, a Tex Mex restaurant in Harvard Square. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I feel like when it comes to Mexican food in Boston, pickings are slim. You can get a good burger or bowl of clam chowder pretty much anywhere, but let's face it, New England isn't exactly known for it's south of the border cuisine. The Border Cafe, however, was fantastic. I have pretty high standards for my food, especially Mexican food, which can be pretty hit or miss. I ordered the cheese enchiladas, which were too pretty to not take a picture of:

My enchiladas appear to be drowning in cheese, and I have no plans to rescue them. 
Also, there's nothing I love more than a good scoop of fresh guacamole. You can tell when something has been sitting in a refrigerator for days versus when it has just been made, and there was no question in my mind that this was legit. Absolutely delicious. And the best part was, it was my birthday, so my meal was free! (They don't give out free meals when it's your birthday...I just have really awesome friends). 

No comments:

Post a Comment