Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Max Brenner bummer

Guys, I'm not happy. I just got back from Max Brenner's, which, as all of you faithful readers know, is a restaurant known for its chocolate. The chocolate was fine. It was the dinner that was abysmal.

I ordered the fish tacos, which, I'll admit, is always a risk, especially at a place known for its dessert rather than its regular cuisine. Nevertheless, I felt like ordering the Brenner Burger again would just be redundant, since I'm pretty sure that's what I've ordered as my entree the only other three times I've been to a Max Brenner's. It was definitely time for a change. Anyway, my tacos came, and at first, I was really impressed with the presentation. I'm a little grossed out now but I'll post the picture anyway:
First of all, how on god's green earth is one supposed to successfully eat these tacos without dropping their contents all over one's lap? I mean, really, dressing-coated veggies are spilling out of these things, not to mention the fact that they're served on a slab of wood that leaves absolutely no room for a mess, let alone a fork and a knife.
It would also be nice if these fish tacos contained more than four or five popper-sized pieces of fish each. I literally had to dig through the sea of stringed onions, peppers and chunks of avocado in order to get to the damn fish. It should not be that difficult to find fish in a fish taco. So, that was also frustrating. But I think the most frustrating thing of all was that the tacos literally tasted like they had been taken out of the freezer minutes before, wrapped up in a paper towel and heated up for three and a half to five minutes. Which they probably were. But oh, my, god. The tortillas were so thin they couldn't have supported a damn feather. Like, for $12.95? Not worth it.
At least the dessert was good :)
See that chocolate pizza? That's right, that's a mountain of marshmallows and a sea of peanut butter. Look at it. Smell it. Oh, I'm sorry, you can't? That's because you didn't get to eat it. Wah.

No comments:

Post a Comment