Sunday, May 8, 2011

S'mores salvation!

I don't know why, but pretty food has quite an impact on me. Actually, it probably goes back to the fact that I'm really amused by pretty, shiny things. This dessert was no exception. It's called the "s'mores concoction" and I got it at Max Brenner's restaurant in Boston. I was there with my friend Craig, who has a tendency to order extravagant things like white chocolate waffles as his entree at lunchtime. However, this time, Craig's dessert wasn't as pretty as mine. Ha ha. 
The glass in the middle is a layer of chocolate mousse sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs and topped off with a whisk of whipped cream. Combine that with a tiny little berry bowl (because we have to keep it healthy, come on people), a graham cracker topped with chocolate and marshmallows and a shot of warm chocolate sauce and I was good for the next two days or so. Seriously, I was still full the next day. 
I enjoyed going to Max Brenner's, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of place I'll be going a lot. For one thing, there was an awful lot of hype surrounding the restaurant's opening, and when I went inside I was a bit disappointed. Maybe it's because I've been to the one in Union Square near NYU, which looks like something straight out of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. The Boston location wasn't really anything special in terms of design. Also, the food was way overpriced - Craig and I ended up paying something like $40 each. Insane! But I had a good experience. I'm sure I'll go back at some point, but until then, I'm going to keep looking around the city for cheaper options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment